Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chapter 12: ASL Resources and Signing Size

I am rather confused by what Tammy Kirk meant by "bigger signs" and why she thinks size of signs impact her ability to help people using ASL, and it seems like the authors are rather confused, as well.  I think their list of resources would be helpful for anyone, though.  I had not previously thought about looking in an average book store but now that I think about it, it would not surprise me at all if there is an ASL for Dummies book or other such helpful resources.  I personally use ASLpro.com for my extra resource along with asking people who know ASL what a certain sign is.  I like these sources because they are easy to access and free.  Even though I find ASL books interesting, I do not think I would personally choose a book as my number-one source as they do not show the signs in action and books tend to be expensive.  I think I use the recommended signing space for the most part.  I"ll pay more attention from now on to make sure I am being accurate and clear.

1 comment:

  1. I believe ASL Pro & Signing Savvy are great websites to use! I also find the differences between the two to be EXTREMELY confusing, but then I ask our teacher!

    ReplyDelete